Membertou Trade and Convention Centre (MTCC) is Cape Breton’s premiere meeting and convention facility, a popular concert venue, and home to one of Sydney’s Top 10 Restaurants. The MTCC is a well-recognized business, playing an integral role in the economy of Membertou and the surrounding community.
Operating within the hospitality sector, some of the key success factors for our business include:
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Product Differentiation
• Cost Control
• Effective Advertising
Employees of the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre are key to the achievement of these success factors. As a result, our goal is to attract, retain and develop employees who are:
• Knowledgeable and effective in carrying out their assigned duties
• Knowledgeable about the facility and its products & services
• Knowledgeable about Membertou, local attractions and surrounding areas
• Courteous and professional toward customers and other employees
• Committed to achieving the financial and operational goals of the MTCC
• Committed to representing Membertou in a positive manner at all times
Our team is made up of a variety of employees including Cooks, Food & Beverage Servers, Event Set Up Workers, Sales Associates, Administrative Assistants, Audio Video Technicians and more. If you are interested in a career in the hospitality sector, the MTCC may be the place for you! Please feel free to drop off a resume at any time and check this website regularly for current Employment Opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities with the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre:
Dining Room Services Manager
Department: MTCC Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure delivery and pick up of products to and from the kitchen is on time.
- Must be courteous and professional to guests and co-workers.
- Must create a positive guest experience. Smile and be helpful and friendly.
- Ensure service standards and proper procedures are being maintained at all times in the dining room. This may involve coaching and training as needed during and after shifts.
- Promote teamwork among dining room staff and with the kitchen staff.
- Read BEO’s for upcoming events in the building in order to anticipate the impact to the dining room and ensure that proper staffing and other preparations will be in place.
- Assist with administering training for all new staff. Helps to develop training plans for new personnel hired and works with the Food and Beverage Service Manager on this.
- Perform pre-service meetings on a shift by shift basis. Ensure the 5pm sheet is completed and speak with all staff when possible about new information.
- Maintain a daily log book of activities and information for reference by other staff and supervisors.
- Work closely with the F& B Service Manager to monitor labour costs & service levels.
- Work closely with the F&B Service Manager to input and monitor daily sales.
- Insure that programming the POS system is 100% accurate for the food and drink menu.
- Engage in any coaching and disciplinary actions as required.
- Assist F& B Service Manager with improving service levels and standard procedures.
- Responsible for weekly beverage inventory counts & ordering for all F&B Services.
- Adhere to the Building Fire Procedure and evacuation plan, lead and train the team to do so.
- Adhere to all Food Safety regulations while leading and providing training for the team.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety rules and regulation lead and train the team to do so.
- Minimum experience of five years in a supervisor capacity is required.
- Prior food & beverage supervisor experience is mandatory.
- Food safety handling and responsible beverage service certifications are an asset.
- Strong team player with good leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated exceptional guest service skills with a passion to anticipate and exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to lift up to 25 Kg.
- A keen eye for detail is essential.
- Self-motivated and efficient problem solver.
- Flexible availability for shifts: must be willing to work a variety of hours, based on business needs.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Richard Stevens
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is April 28th, 2017.