Membertou Trade and Convention Centre (MTCC) is Cape Breton’s premiere meeting and convention facility, a popular concert venue, and home to one of Sydney’s Top 10 Restaurants. The MTCC is a well-recognized business, playing an integral role in the economy of Membertou and the surrounding community.
Operating within the hospitality sector, some of the key success factors for our business include:
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Product Differentiation
• Cost Control
• Effective Advertising
Employees of the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre are key to the achievement of these success factors. As a result, our goal is to attract, retain and develop employees who are:
• Knowledgeable and effective in carrying out their assigned duties
• Knowledgeable about the facility and its products & services
• Knowledgeable about Membertou, local attractions and surrounding areas
• Courteous and professional toward customers and other employees
• Committed to achieving the financial and operational goals of the MTCC
• Committed to representing Membertou in a positive manner at all times
Our team is made up of a variety of employees including Cooks, Food & Beverage Servers, Event Set Up Workers, Sales Associates, Administrative Assistants, Audio Video Technicians and more. If you are interested in a career in the hospitality sector, the MTCC may be the place for you! Please feel free to drop off a resume at any time and check this website regularly for current Employment Opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities with the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre:
Position: Part-Time Hourly
Department: Membertou Trade & Convention Centre (MTCC)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare food for guest consumption at Kiju’s Restaurant and/or MTCC Catering.
- Ensure that food is prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food is fresh and well presented.
- Assist with controlling food costs by ensuring that food waste is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that food goes out to customers according to specification, every time.
- Ensure that work areas, kitchen equipment, and refrigerators are kept clean and sanitized.
- Responsible for proper food handling and storage.
- Responsible for creating a positive guest experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of previous cooking experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Post-Secondary culinary training would be an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a keen eye for detail are essential.
To apply, submit your cover letter and résumé to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Richard Stevens
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S2M9
Or via E-mail to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 9, 2017
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.