Membertou Trade and Convention Centre (MTCC) is Cape Breton’s premiere meeting and convention facility, a popular concert venue, and home to one of Sydney’s Top 10 Restaurants. The MTCC is a well-recognized business, playing an integral role in the economy of Membertou and the surrounding community.
Operating within the hospitality sector, some of the key success factors for our business include:
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Product Differentiation
• Cost Control
• Effective Advertising
Employees of the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre are key to the achievement of these success factors. As a result, our goal is to attract, retain and develop employees who are:
• Knowledgeable and effective in carrying out their assigned duties
• Knowledgeable about the facility and its products & services
• Knowledgeable about Membertou, local attractions and surrounding areas
• Courteous and professional toward customers and other employees
• Committed to achieving the financial and operational goals of the MTCC
• Committed to representing Membertou in a positive manner at all times
Our team is made up of a variety of employees including Cooks, Food & Beverage Servers, Event Set Up Workers, Sales Associates, Administrative Assistants, Audio Video Technicians and more. If you are interested in a career in the hospitality sector, the MTCC may be the place for you! Please feel free to drop off a resume at any time and check this website regularly for current Employment Opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities with the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre:
Department: Trade & Convention Centre - Kitchen
Reports To: Executive Chef
This is an exciting and challenging hands-on, working-chef position. As our banquet chef, you will be joining a highly motivated and experienced team with a reputation for quality food and service.
The banquet chef is a full-time position with a salary of $40,000 per year, plus pension, medical and dental plans.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and execute all banquets and catered events under the direction of the Executive Chef.
- Coach, mentor and instruct kitchen staff, as required.
- Oversee all dishes leaving the kitchen to ensure they are done to spec and to the customer’s request every time.
- Assist the Executive Chef with controlling food and labor costs, and with monitoring staffing levels, food storage, and cleanliness throughout the kitchen.
- Show leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and the culinary arts.
- All duties common to a Banquet Chef and any related duties that may be assigned by the Executive Chef.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Post-Secondary culinary training would be an asset.
- Food Handling Safety and WHMIS certifications required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as a keen eye for detail are essential.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Membertou Human Resources Department
Attention: Richard Stevens
111 Membertou Street
Membertou, NS B1S 2M9
Or via email to: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 8, 2017
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.